Karen, a LifeLab Associate, works as a coach and consultant doing personal and professional development work with both individuals and groups. Karen believes that coaching is learning. Her passion is enabling learning in its richest sense –learning is transformational and is what brings people to a greater sense of who they are and what gifts and strengths they can own themselves and offer to others. The philosophy of Appreciative Inquiry (AI) helps her to focus on what goes well in people – what excites them and makes them feel most alive. She uses Transactional Analysis (TA) in her coaching as a powerful framework for people to understand themselves and their interpersonal dynamics and to discover new options and make choices that lead to fulfilled, dynamic and authentic lives.
Karen’s approach to coaching enables her clients to develop:
- A strengthened sense of self – being more in touch with your own talents and what’s important to you, having increased confidence and being comfortable with yourself and your way of thinking, feeling and behaving.
- Developing inner resources – finding your personal strengths that offer resilience and a drive to move towards your desired future.
- Tools to understand your patterns of communication and enable more authentic connection and communication.
- Motivation to achieve goals that are wholesome and balanced.
- Aligning your values to choices about your personal and professional living
Karen has been privileged to work with people from a great diversity of backgrounds, both in South Africa, the UK and Ireland. She is energized by building connection with people, whether they are from large corporates or work as rural community health care workers. The spark that draws her to work with people is their desire to grow, their willingness to be authentic and open and prepared to claim their responsibility in shaping their futures. She works with self-motivated people who want to discover more about themselves and also impact the communities in which they live and work.
Karen is an Associate Certified Coach (ACC) and holds a Diploma in Coaching (Coaching Development) and a Certificate of Coach Supervision (Coaching Development.) She is also a Certified Transactional Analyst and a Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst. Karen has also trained as an Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator.
Karen is a registered member of COMENSA as well as the International Transactional Analysis Association (ITAA) and the South African Transactional Analysis Association (SATAA.)